This is an impressive looking and delicious dessert made with just a few steps and three ingredients. It’s more a case of assembly rather than prep and cooking, however no one else has to know how simple it is to create.
- 1 large muffin in any flavour you like (for larger serves, buy a simple sponge cake base)
- 1 750ml Double thick custard
- White chocolate biscuits (we use Tim Tams but you could use wafers or similar biscuits with crunch)
- Optional: Strawberries or blueberries as a topping.
- Simply break up the muffin and push it into the base of four glass tumblers or dessert cups
- Pour the custard over the top and fill to just under the rim of the glass
- Break the biscuits up into small granules with your hands or with a fork and sprinkle over the top
- Add berries if you want some extra colour
For an indulgent chocolate alternative, buy a chocolate muffin or cake for the base, chocolate custard and chocolate biscuit. Play around with garnish ideas and customise them for special occasions like we’ve done with mini chocolate eggs for Easter time.
That’s it – you’re done! Prepare in advance and keep in the fridge so your guest don’t see you assembling it. That way, they’ll think you slaved over it all day!