There is no greater pleasure than brekkie in bed. Unless, of course, you’re not a fan of crumbs in your quilt. This super-simple project is a great way to inject a little something special into your morning meal, only requires a few materials and is sure to keep your bed linen free of dirt. It might even encourage your partner to treat you come the weekend (feel free to leave this article open on your computer).
What you’ll need:
- 1 wooden tray (we got this one at Spotlight but craft stores everywhere sell them)
- 1 sample paint pot in colour of your choice
- Fabric of your choice (half a meter is more than enough)
- Craft glue, paint brush, pencil, scissors/blade, ruler and measuring tape
- Paint the entire tray except the bottom as this won’t be seen. You’ll only need one coat
- Measure the inside of the tray and write down the measurements
- Mark out the measurements on your fabric using a ruler and pencil and cut the fabric out.
- Using a paintbrush, apply glue to the inside base of the tray (less is more in this instance to ensure the fabric does not get wet)
- Lay your fabric in the tray and smooth over with a cloth
Of course, a breakfast tray is not the only use for this item. It can easily double as a drinks tray for when you have friends over, a tray on your hall table to hold your keys and mail and even a tray in a baby’s room to contain everything a little one needs.
If you want to look super impressive, then pair your tray with one of our quick and easy recipes.
If you’re feeling adventurous, mix a little sand in some exterior paint and give it a rough look for an outdoor table. You could even glue tile to the bottom to add a little mosaic wow factor. The list really does go on!