A refreshing concoction that’s ideal for spring and so simple to make with just a few ingredients!
With the warmer weather upon us, it’s well and truly time to bring out the cocktails. And if you’re anything like us and don’t mind a red wine in the colder months, you can still get your vino fix but jazz it up a bit to make a fruity spring sangria.
This recipe is one that can easily be tweaked depending on just how much booze you like. Sangria always seems to be one of those drinks that never tastes quite as potent as it is, so perhaps err on the side of caution and go easy with your free pour!
What you’ll need:
- 1 bottle of red wine (anything around the $10 mark is fine)
- 1 cup of vodka
- 2 cups of soda water
- 2 tablespoons of raw sugar
- 1 pear, apple and orange
- Mix red wine, soda water and vodka in a large jug or bowl
- Add the raw sugar to taste – use a straw to sample the mixture
- Chop the pear, apple and orange into small cubes and add to the mixture
- Store in a fridge for a few hours (ideally overnight) to let the mixture soak into the fruit
- Serve in your favourite glassware
This mixture will serve about four people comfortably. The best part is that you can add more or less of all the ingredients to completely tailor it to your own taste. But like we said, go easy on the vodka or you’ll be legless before your guests arrive!