We’re heading into the warmer months in Sydney, so here’s an alternative to snuggling up with a hot coffee… yet with the same great caffeine hit and loads more flavour!
Makes one litre and serves 4.
- 2 plain cups of your favourite blend of coffee (without milk)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sweetened condense milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of brandy (optional of course, but this ingredient turns it all into a delish cocktail!)
- 1 litre glass bottle
- Combine all the ingredients (exceptthe condensed milk and brandy) with one more cup of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Turn the stove down and simmer on a medium heat for another 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and let the mix cool down to room temperature
- Strain the mix into a glass bottle and add the condensed milk (and optional brandy)
- Shake the bottle really well till the condensed milk is well combined and put in the fridge for two hours to chill (or you can pour the mix straight into glasses over ice)
You could make the mix a few days in advance and store it in the fridge. It is perfect for brunches, picnic lunches and daytime entertaining, however…
Take a bottle with you to lunch or dinner as a gift for the host. No doubt they have been given chocolates, flowers and bottles of wine hundreds of times over, but they probably wouldn’t have been gifted a bottle of this brew. It makes for a really tasty after-meal drop on a nice sunny day. And dare I say it, you may not even need dessert!