A recent weekend trip to Melbourne left us in a state of pure home decorator bliss. Once we had a wander down popular Brunswick Street in Fitzroy – laden with art stores, homewares shops and florists – we could have shipped our things in and set up a H&D office for ourselves there and then! Locals will already know what a hub this is for all things artistic, but for us out-of-towners it was truly something to behold.
Here’s our list of five must-see stores you just have to pop into if you get the chance. But be warned, with so many beautiful things to purchase, your bank account will never be the same again!
1. KLEINS PERFUMERY; The name says it all – it’s the place for perfumes and fragrances, but also stocks a mammoth range of candles, soaps and beauty products. It’s one of those stores you can just get lost in (we certainly did).
2. ZETTA FLORENCE; Stationery lovers will have their minds blown by this place. Not only do they have a phenomenal range of cards, unique wrapping paper (to make a gift that little bit special) and old-world stamps, but they also sell gorgeous retro-inspired prints you’ll want to nab.
3. THOMAS GANNAN; This store ticks all the boxes for people eager to expand their home decor. It has colour in spades and the huge space is decked out with not only amazing furniture pieces but quirky accessories, gifts, rugs, loads of unique art pieces and more – get a load of the hessian wall shelf (God knows we adore hessian!).
4. FRANCES PILLEY; Lovers of neutral and earthy palettes will lose their mind the moment they step foot into this store. Part beachy, part industrial and with a tonne of candles, lotions, scents and giftware, it’s so very, very inspiring.
5. WILKINS AND KENT; If you want fabrics, books, lamps, pottery and more, then this is the place to go. Not only that, they stock gifts and things for the little ones too. The bedding and cushion clusters are particularly out of this world.
Needless to say, there are far more than just five amazing places on this street. But these ones in particular took our breath away. If you’ve been to Brunswick Street and have hit these places, share your stories so we know we’re not the only ones drooling over these gems. And if you’re yet to visit – you simply must and you definitely won’t regret it!