This simple little recipe is healthy and delicious. It’s the perfect breakfast and also makes for a quick and easy dessert for the festive season…or any time of the year really.
We always try and use organic wherever possible and managed to get all of these ingredients in organic from Coles and Woolworths supermarkets (Australia). You could of course substitute non organic for any of these. (Recipe serves 4)
- 500ml vanilla yogurt
- 250g instant oats
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 4 dried figs, diced finely
- 150g frozen raspberries
- ½ teaspoon of raw sugar (optional, as the dried figs already adds some sweetness)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the oats, sugar and fig. Toss in the butter till the oats start to brown and crisp up and then take off the stove and set aside to cool.
- Dollop the yogurt evenly into four glasses or bowls. Glass works well so you can see the layering.
- Add the oats and fig mix to the top of each glass followed by the crushed raspberries.
You can prepare this recipe in advance and keep it refrigerated. It’s got a lovely pop of festive red that you can garnish with some mint leaves to add some green into the mix and give it some further festive cheer.
Serve them up in a simple wooden tray like this lined with a doily or cute place mat and you have a super easy entertaining favourite.
If you liked this recipe then you may also like our Cheats’ Trifle recipe.